WHEELING, WV – The Reading Royals and Wheeling Nailers faced off for the last time during the regular season on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday was a back and forth, high scoring game, with eleven combined goals scored by nine different players. The final score was 6-5 to the Nailers.
Sunday’s game was less back and forth, but also high scoring. The Royals had a 3-0 lead before before the Nailers scored late in the first period to make it 3-1. The Nailers tied it up with two goals within the first three minutes of the second period. Charlie Gerard goal four minutes later put the Royals ahead again. The Royals held on to win the game with a 5-3 victory to sweep the two-game series.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski who was there to capture the action.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Bears Blank Amerks, Advance to Calder Cup Final
- Everblades Edge Out Steelheads in Game of the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- ECHL Kelly Cup Final: Idaho Steelheads vs. Florida Everblades
- Amerks Outlast Bears to Force Sixth Game
- PHOTOS: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 05/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/27/2023
- Everblades Advance to Kelly Cup Final with Double-Overtime Win
- Former Bears Coach Carbery Tapped For Capitals
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/26/2023
- Bears’ Third Period Rally Leads to Game Four Win