KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Knoxville Ice Bears faced elimination in game three of the first round of the SPHL playoffs against the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Sunday afternoon.
The game did not start well for Knoxville with Roanoke’s Gehrett Sargis and Mac Jansen both scoring within the first five minutes of the game. This led to the Ice Bears pulling goalie Jimmy Poreda and replacing him with Kristian Stead. Stepan Timofeyev made it a 2-1 game in the first with a power-play goal. However, this was the only goal for the Ice Bears. Nick Ford scored one more for the Dawgs in the second making it 3-1.
Roanoke, the eighth seed, eliminated the number one seed and put an end to Knoxville’s record-breaking season.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Michael King!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Penguins’ Playoff Hopes Take Blow in Loss
- ‘Lackluster’ Effort by Storm Leads to Loss in Front of Mallards Legends
- Kalamazoo Wings Win Overtime Thriller Over Indy Fuel
- Hershey Bears Clinch Playoff Berth in Win Over Syracuse Crunch
- Thunder Stick it to Cancer (and Railers)
- Amerks Complete Comeback Over Bears in Shootout
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/19/2023
- Wolf Pack, T-Birds Trade Goals in Wild Game
- Swamp Rabbits Shut Out Fuel on Road
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/18/2023