KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Knoxville Ice Bears faced elimination in game three of the first round of the SPHL playoffs against the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Sunday afternoon.
The game did not start well for Knoxville with Roanoke’s Gehrett Sargis and Mac Jansen both scoring within the first five minutes of the game. This led to the Ice Bears pulling goalie Jimmy Poreda and replacing him with Kristian Stead. Stepan Timofeyev made it a 2-1 game in the first with a power-play goal. However, this was the only goal for the Ice Bears. Nick Ford scored one more for the Dawgs in the second making it 3-1.
Roanoke, the eighth seed, eliminated the number one seed and put an end to Knoxville’s record-breaking season.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Michael King!
- Bears Add Capitals Draftees Hughes, Maass to AHL Deals
- Green Leads Growlers to Win, Avoiding Elimination
- Real Deal: Neal’s Late Goal Lifts T-Birds to Game 2 Win
- Growlers on Brink of Elimination…Again
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 32: Calgary Conundrum
- Toledo Withstands Utah’s Comeback Attempt, Takes 2-1 Series Lead
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win