KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Knoxville Ice Bears faced elimination in game three of the first round of the SPHL playoffs against the Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Sunday afternoon.
The game did not start well for Knoxville with Roanoke’s Gehrett Sargis and Mac Jansen both scoring within the first five minutes of the game. This led to the Ice Bears pulling goalie Jimmy Poreda and replacing him with Kristian Stead. Stepan Timofeyev made it a 2-1 game in the first with a power-play goal. However, this was the only goal for the Ice Bears. Nick Ford scored one more for the Dawgs in the second making it 3-1.
Roanoke, the eighth seed, eliminated the number one seed and put an end to Knoxville’s record-breaking season.
Check out this gallery from Field Pass Hockey photographer Michael King!
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season