READING, Penn. – The Reading Royals season may have been cut short, but it was a memorable one for Royals fans. From starting the season in St. John’s, Newfoundland and ruining the Growlers’ banner raising night by defeating them 6-5 in a back and forth game, to finishing the season by defeating the Wheeling Nailers 5-1 in Wheeling.
The Royals looked poised to make a long post season run after clinching their playoff spot on March 7, the earliest the have every clinched, against the Worcester Railers in front of a bus load of Royals fans that made the trip up to Maine and Worcester. Royals fans are now hoping that when hockey returns this fall the line up will be similar and pick up where they left off and once again have a good shot at lifting the Kelly Cup.
Here are Sarah Pietrowski’s best photos from throughout the Royals’ season.
- Grizzlies Offseason Starting to Heat Up
- Camp Invitee Avon Earns Flyers Contract
- Amerks Impress at Buffalo Prospects Challenge
- An Update on Several Allen Americans Storylines
- Three Periods Podcast Episode #10: ECHL Mishmash
- Looking at the Wichita Thunder’s Offseason-to-Date
- Caps Rookie Camp Features New and Familiar Faces
- Oilers Come Out of Offseason Slumber
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Six – It’s Tricky
- Fraternizing With the Enemy: Canadiens Sign Goloubef to PTO