JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Friday night the Jacksonville Icemen hosted the South Carolina Stingrays in only their second regular home game of 2022, having last played on New Year’s Day. Still buzzing from hosting the All-Star Classic game four days prior, the players were ready to get back to playing a normal game of hockey, in which everything counts. The also Icemen sported specialty Nickelodeon-themed Jimmy Neutron jerseys.
All three goals in the 2-1 victory for the Icemen came in the first period. A shorthanded highlight-reel goal by Jacksonville’s Luke Lynch saw him score the goal while sliding on the ice in front of the crease. Jacksonville’s netminder Justin Kapelmaster, who made his home debut in an Icemen jersey, stopped 27 of the 28 shots he faced. The Stingrays’ Ryan Bednard also made some phenomenal saves, blocking 28 of the 30 shots he faced.
The Icemen will go up against the Stingrays again Saturday night as well as Sunday afternoon in South Carolina.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Do-Or-Die: Rocket Lift Past Crunch in Game 5
- Phantoms Building Towards Brighter Days
- Growlers Dethrone Royals in Game Seven
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/14/2022
- PHOTOS: Bridgeport Islanders vs. Charlotte Checkers – 05/14/2022
- Wolves Beat IceHogs, Complete Series Sweep
- Springfield Outlasts Wilkes-Barre, Moves On
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #71: Looking Towards Game 5 with Jim Sarosy
- Rocket, Crunch Series Still Undecided
- Growlers’ Victory Forces Game Seven