JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Friday night the Jacksonville Icemen hosted the South Carolina Stingrays in only their second regular home game of 2022, having last played on New Year’s Day. Still buzzing from hosting the All-Star Classic game four days prior, the players were ready to get back to playing a normal game of hockey, in which everything counts. The also Icemen sported specialty Nickelodeon-themed Jimmy Neutron jerseys.
All three goals in the 2-1 victory for the Icemen came in the first period. A shorthanded highlight-reel goal by Jacksonville’s Luke Lynch saw him score the goal while sliding on the ice in front of the crease. Jacksonville’s netminder Justin Kapelmaster, who made his home debut in an Icemen jersey, stopped 27 of the 28 shots he faced. The Stingrays’ Ryan Bednard also made some phenomenal saves, blocking 28 of the 30 shots he faced.
The Icemen will go up against the Stingrays again Saturday night as well as Sunday afternoon in South Carolina.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs