JACKSONVILLE, Fla – The Jacksonville Icemen faced the visiting South Carolina Stingrays on Wednesday night, with the Stingrays taking a 5-3 victory.
Jacksonville got off to a quick start on a goal from Easton Brodzinski, just 39 seconds into the game. South Carolina’s Jackson Leppard would even things up on a power-play goal at the 14:19 mark of the first period. The second period would see goals from the Stingrays’ Justin Florek, Icemen’s Derek Lodemeier, and former Icemen player Michael Kim would give the Stingrays a 3-2 lead to finish up the period. Brandon Fortunato would even things up for the Icemen at the 12:30 mark of the third period. With less than three minutes left in the game, South Carolina’s Austin Magera would net the game-winning goal. With less than a minute left in the game, Jacksonville attempted to pull their netminder Parker Gahagen for the extra attacker, but before he could even reach the bench, Ryan Scarfo scored the insurance goal to solidify the win for South Carolina.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend