Rosemont, ILL – Although the stands were full of young Chicago Wolves fans during Thursday morning’s school day game; the Wolves ended up falling short of the Texas Stars, who took a 6-3 victory.
Starting in the first period, the Texas Stars made the first goal of the game by Jacob Peterson, for his sixth of the season. With his first goal of the season, Dylan Coghlan tied the game up for the Wolves. The tie did not last long as just over a minute later, Riley Barber secured the lead for the Stars, followed by a goal from Mavrik Bourque, who scored his third of the season to make it 3-1. With just under a minute left to play in the first, the Wolves’ Stelio Mattheos scored, making it a one-goal game.
In the third period, the Stars were able to secure the win with goals from Marian Studenic and an empty-net goal from Mavrik Bourque for his second of the night.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Karen McClain for highlights from the game.
- All-Star Journey: Odyssey to Laval
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Fan Jam Red Carpet Event – 02-05-2023
- Skills Competition Heats Up AHL All-Star Weekend
- PHOTOS: Indy Fuel vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/03/2023
- Checkers Complete Empire State Sweep in Syracuse
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track
- Bears Fall Apart in Loss to Phantoms