CINCINNATI, Ohio– Matej Pekar and Yushiroh Hirano each scored in a shootout to give the Cincinnati Cyclones a 5-4 win over the Toledo Walleye on Saturday ” Fight Cancer Night” at the Heritage Bank Center.
Yushiroh Hirano had two goals and one assist in regulation, and both Zack Andrusiak and Lincoln Griffin also scored in 60 minutes of play. Beck Warm stopped 24 shots for Cincinnati. It was a classic matchup between these two Ohioan teams, in which a total of 56 penalty minutes were handed, including two big fights in the first 10 minutes of play. Neither team was able to win it in overtime and the game was decided in a shootout. Toeldo’s Brandon Hawkins was the only man to beat Beck Warm at the end.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Providence Bruins vs. Charlotte Checkers – 03/26/2023
- Ghost Pirates Survive The Final Battle of Georgia Tilt
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/31/2023
- PHOTOS: Evansville Thunderbolts vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers – 03/24-26/2023
- Quick Start Fuels Indy to Wheeling Win
- PHOTOS: Jacksonville Icemen vs. Orlando Solar Bears – 03/31/2023
- Bulls Rally Past Stingy Mayhem, Tied For First
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs. Worcester Railers – 03/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Reading Royals vs. Wheeling Nailers – 03/25-26/2023
- IceHogs Prepare For Three Huge Games This Weekend