CINCINNATI, Ohio– In Game Four of the Kelly Cup Playoffs Central Division Semifinals, Toledo got off to a quick start in the game scoring within the first two minutes. Brett Boeing deflected a shot to beat Cincinatti goaltender Michael Houser. The Walleye were granted two penalty shots within a three-minute period, but Houser blocked both of them to keep the game 1-0 at the end the first period.
Cincinnati started the second period one man down but was able to kill the penalty. Ten seconds later Justin Vaive stole the puck from Walleye goaltender Billy Christopoulos to assist Zack Andrusiak in front of an open net for a goal. Toledo answered back with, TJ Hensick scoring a power-play goal 7:27 into the second period. Patrick Curry provided the insurance goal with one minute left in the second period.
The Cyclones tried to come back in the third period but were unable to beat Christopoulos again. The Walleye put an end to Cincinnati’s intentions with an empty-net goal with two minutes left in the game, for a 4-1 victory and tying the series at two games apiece.
Both teams will be back at Heritage Bank Center for Game Five Thursday before shifting back to Toledo.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Hector Urcia for highlights from the game.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs