CINCINNATI, Ohio – On New Year’s eve, the Cincinnati Cyclones beat the visiting Toledo Walleye 4-3 in overtime.
Toledo brought the fireworks in the first period scoring three goals in less than 18 minutes of play. Cincinnati went to the first intermission down 3-1 thanks to Matt McLeod‘s goal, assisted by Arvin Atwal and Patrick Polino.
Neither team could score in the second period, in which 13 total shots on goal were made. The final period belonged to the Cyclones outshooting the Walleye 19-4. Josh Passolt got one back 8:22 into the third period, and with 1:16 minutes left in the game, the captain, Justin Vaive, tied the game sending it to overtime. Zack Andrusiak completed another comeback for Cincy with the game-winning goal at the 1:54 mark in OT.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- All-Star Journey: Odyssey to Laval
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Fan Jam Red Carpet Event – 02-05-2023
- Skills Competition Heats Up AHL All-Star Weekend
- PHOTOS: Indy Fuel vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/03/2023
- Checkers Complete Empire State Sweep in Syracuse
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track
- Bears Fall Apart in Loss to Phantoms