CINCINNATI, Ohio – On New Year’s eve, the Cincinnati Cyclones beat the visiting Toledo Walleye 4-3 in overtime.
Toledo brought the fireworks in the first period scoring three goals in less than 18 minutes of play. Cincinnati went to the first intermission down 3-1 thanks to Matt McLeod‘s goal, assisted by Arvin Atwal and Patrick Polino.
Neither team could score in the second period, in which 13 total shots on goal were made. The final period belonged to the Cyclones outshooting the Walleye 19-4. Josh Passolt got one back 8:22 into the third period, and with 1:16 minutes left in the game, the captain, Justin Vaive, tied the game sending it to overtime. Zack Andrusiak completed another comeback for Cincy with the game-winning goal at the 1:54 mark in OT.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage
- PHOTOS: RJ Forbus’ Best Photos from the 2022-2023 Season
- PHOTOS: Héctor Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season