READING, PA- The Reading Royals and Trois-Rivières Lions faced off Saturday night in the second of back-to-back games for the Pink in the Rink.
The game started out strong for the Royals, who had a 2-1 lead going into the first intermission. The Lions had other plans: they took over the game in the second period, scoring seven goals (including three short-handed on the same penalty). The Royals did manage to score a goal in the second and third periods, but they could not overcome the Lion’s strong second period. The Lions scored two more goals in the third, with a final score of 10-4. It was only the Royals’ second regulation loss on home ice this season, but this was big one.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski for highlights from the game.
- Morelli Returns to Hershey for 2022-23
- Rocket Lift Past Americans, Take Series Lead
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah