READING, PA The Reading Royals and Trois-Rivières Lions faced off in the first game of a back-to-back series on Saturday. It was a physical and low-scoring game.
The Royals got out to a quick 1-0 lead on a goal from Trevor Gooch less than a minute into the first period. Brayden Low scored the eventual game-winner eight minutes into the third.
The Lions scored 2 minutes later as Olivier Archambault scored into a basically empty net after a scrum in front of the net left the puck loose and goalie Hayden Hawkey out of position. The Royals held on to get the 2-1 win. Sarah Pietrowski was there for all the action. Check out the gallery below!
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #32: Macon Mayhem Head Coach Nick Niedert
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)