READING, PA- The Reading Royals and Trois-Rivières Lions faced off Friday night for Pink in the Rink. Reading players wore specialty pink themed breast cancer awareness jerseys and the ice was painted pink.
In an evenly matched game, both teams responded quickly with back-and-forth goals. The game was tied 3-3 at the end of the first period, and 4-4 by the end of the second.
In the third period, the Royals broke through for the tiebreaker and game winner, when Trevor Gooch and Patrick Bajkov set up Brad Morrison for the goal. The Gooch-Bajkov-Morrison line has been the hottest line for the Royals and this game continued to show that, with each player having a multi-point game. With 45 seconds left in regulation, Bajkov sealed the win for the Royals with a goal, making it a 6-4 victory for Reading.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski for highlights from the game.
- Lifting the Mask With Pyotr Kochetkov
- PHOTOS: Rockford IceHogs vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Worcester Railers vs. Reading Royals – 01/28/2023
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/28/2023
- Monday Monster Mash: Rollercoaster
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 01/27/2023
- PHOTOS: Rockford Icehogs vs. Milwaukee Admirals – 01/27/2023
- Furry Fury: Bears Blanked on Teddy Bear Toss Night
- Griffins’ Second Period Surge Buries Wolves
- Wolves Battle for an O.T. Win Over IceHogs