READING, PA- The Reading Royals and Trois-Rivières Lions faced off Friday night for Pink in the Rink. Reading players wore specialty pink themed breast cancer awareness jerseys and the ice was painted pink.
In an evenly matched game, both teams responded quickly with back-and-forth goals. The game was tied 3-3 at the end of the first period, and 4-4 by the end of the second.
In the third period, the Royals broke through for the tiebreaker and game winner, when Trevor Gooch and Patrick Bajkov set up Brad Morrison for the goal. The Gooch-Bajkov-Morrison line has been the hottest line for the Royals and this game continued to show that, with each player having a multi-point game. With 45 seconds left in regulation, Bajkov sealed the win for the Royals with a goal, making it a 6-4 victory for Reading.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Sarah Pietrowski for highlights from the game.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season
- Chicago’s Coach Sheahan Embracing Expectations With New Role
- NHL Prospect Tournament Day One: ECHL Officiating Roundup
- Signings continue as Bulls roster comes together
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #32: Macon Mayhem Head Coach Nick Niedert
- PHOTOS: Hector Urcia’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)