JACKSONVILLE, Fla – On Friday night, wearing their Aquaman jerseys, the Jacksonville Icemen faced the Utah Grizzlies for the second of a three-game series between the two teams. The Icemen took a 4-1 victory for their second series win.
The Icemen applied pressure right out of the gate and scored 41 seconds into the game with a goal from Ara Nazarian. A slashing major and game misconduct for the Grizzlies, Andrew Nielsen, gave the Icemen a five-minute powerplay toward the end of the period. Luke Martin scored the powerplay goal with nine seconds left in the first period to put the Icemen up 2-0.
The Grizzlies got themselves on the board with a powerplay goal by Johnny Walker at the 8.29 mark of the second period. This would be their only goal in the game.
Ben Hawerchuk got an insurance goal for the Icemen less than three minutes into the third period, and in the game’s closing minutes, Derek Lodemeier scored an empty-net goal. The Icemen and Grizzlies meet Saturday night again for the final game in the series.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Andrew Fielder for highlights from the game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- PHOTOS: Colorado Eagles vs. Rockford IceHogs – 03/17/2023
- PHOTOS: Adirondack Thunder vs. Worcester Railers – 03/22/2023
- PHOTOS: Huntsville Havoc vs. Macon Mayhem – 03/18/2023
- Bears Roll Amidst Lineup Changes
- Breaking Down Atlanta’s Path To The Postseason
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 59: Obstructed View
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Reading Royals – 03/18/2023
- PHOTOS: Fort Wayne Komets vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 03/19/2023
- IceHogs Ready For Big Trip To Manitoba
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs vs. Knoxville Ice Bears – 03/18/2023