CINCINNATI, Ohio – Saturday night, the visiting Wheeling Nailers defeated the Cincinnati Cyclones 3-2 in “Teddy Bear Toss Night.”
Brooklyn Kalmikov opened the scoreboard for the Nailers four minutes into the game. Justin Vaive tied the game by scoring the first goal for the Cyclones sending 11,813 stuffed teddy bears onto the ice by a record attendance crowd of 12,187. Three minutes later, the Nailers took back the lead with a goal by Tyler Drevitch.
At 10:23 of the second period, Louie Caporusso leveled things up for Cincinnati. The Cyclones had 34 shots on goal but could not capitalize on them. Wheeling had 18 shots on goal and with less than nine minutes left in the game, Carter Johnson scored the winning goal for the Nailers.
Cincinnati’s netminder Beck Warm made 15 saves, while his counterpart, Bailey Brkin registered 32.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- All-Star Journey: Odyssey to Laval
- PHOTOS: 2023 AHL All-Star Classic – Fan Jam Red Carpet Event – 02-05-2023
- Skills Competition Heats Up AHL All-Star Weekend
- PHOTOS: Indy Fuel vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/03/2023
- Checkers Complete Empire State Sweep in Syracuse
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track
- Bears Fall Apart in Loss to Phantoms