CINCINNATI, Ohio- On Wednesday night, the Cincinnati Cyclones beat the visiting Wheeling Nailers 3-2 in a hard-fought game, with Matt McLeod scoring a Short Handed goal with 4:12 minutes left in the game to give the Cyclones the win.
Cincinnati struck first when Louie Caporusso scored a Power Play goal 13:54 into the first period. Caporusso scored again on a pass from Justin Vaive early in the second, giving Cincinnati a 2-nothing lead. The Nailers fought back and tied the game with goals by Adam Smith and Cédric Desruisseaux before the second intermission. Wheeling had more shots on goal in the final period, but a careless play between Taylor Gauthier and Sean Josling was taken advantage of by Matt McLeod, which allowed him to score the game-winning goal. Beck Warm had 25 saves.
Check out this photo gallery from Field Pass Hockey’s Héctor Urcia for highlights from the game.
- PHOTOS: Birmingham Bulls vs. Knoxville Ice Bears- 02/02/2023
- Storm Lose Fourth Straight But Have Fire
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #88: Howard Dolgon for AHL Hall of Fame?
- Soderblom and IceHogs Get Back on Track
- Bears Fall Apart in Loss to Phantoms
- IceHogs Outlast Wild In Shootout Victory
- Bears Earn Revenge Over Islanders
- PHOTOS: Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Chicago Wolves – 01/29/2023
- PHOTOS: Kansas City Mavericks vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 02/01/2023
- PHOTOS: Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Vs. Pensacola Ice Flyers 01/27-28/2023