INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel are looking to recover from two heartbreaking losses the weekend prior as they take on the Cincinnati Cyclones in their home opener on Friday.
WHO: Cincinnati Cyclones (1-0-1-0) at Indy Fuel (2-2-0-0)
WHEN: 7:35 PM ET
WHERE: Indiana Farmers Coliseum – Indianapolis
HOW TO LISTEN/WATCH: ECHL.TV
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: @SinBinFuel on Twitter
REFEREE: Eric Krasnichuk (#18)
LINESMEN: Shane Gustafson (#87) & Eric Frank (#45)
Possible Indy Fuel Scratches
- Matt Rupert – reserve
- Alex Brooks – reserve
- Joe Sullivan – injured reserve
- Jack Jenkins – injured reserve
- Dmitry Osipov – injured reserve
- Gordon Defiel – injured reserve
The Fuel arrive in Indy for the first time in the regular season after splitting their season-opening road trip at two wins and two losses. The two losses came to the hands of their Central Division rival, the Wheeling Nailers, who scored both of their game-winners with less than 30 seconds left in regulation to defeat the Fuel 4-3 in both games. Spencer Watson heads into Indiana Farmers Coliseum as the Fuel’s leading scorer with seven points (4G, 3A) in four games. Alex Krushelnyski is close behind with six points (2G, 4A) in four games.
On the Other Side…
The Cincinnati Cyclones are coming off of a 4-3 overtime loss to the Wings in Kalamazoo. Mason Mitchell, John Edwardh, and Jesse Schultz scored the goals for the Cyclones in their loss. Michael Houser was in goal for both of the Cyclones’ games so far, and we have yet to see Sean Romeo between the pipes for Cincinnati.
Quick Starts versus Finishing Strong
This weekend will provide a contrast in styles between the Fuel and Cyclones. Indy has been a very quick-starting team, scoring nine of their 17 goals in the opening 20 minutes. Conversely, the Cyclones like to finish the game on a high note, outscoring the opposition 5-1 in the third period.
Safe to say, the first period of both games will be critical to watch.
The First of Many
This is the first of 11 meetings between the Fuel and Cyclones this season; the second meeting comes on Saturday in the second game of a back-to-back against Cincinnati in Indy’s home-opening weekend.
It is also worth noting that these two teams also met twice in the preseason. The teams split their preseason series, with the home team winning each game.
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!
- Your Guide To 2023-2024 Savannah Ghost Pirates’ Schedule
- Shepard, Bears Outlast Amerks to Take Series Lead
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Release 2023-24 Schedule
- Growlers Tie Series in Goaltending Duel
- PHOTOS: Idaho Steelheads vs. Toledo Walleye – 05/24/2023
- ECHL Sets New League Attendance Record
- Shepard’s Shutout Helps Bears Claw Back
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #10: Super Size Me
- Western Conference Finals Preview: Coachella Valley Firebirds vs Milwaukee Admirals
- Amerks Draw First Blood in Conference Final