INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel take on the Kansas City Mavericks on Saturday in their second game in as many days and the second of a four-game road trip to start the season.
WHO: Indy Fuel (1-0-0-0) at Kansas City Mavericks (0-1-0-0)
WHEN: 8:05 PM ET/7:05 PM CT
WHERE: Silverstein Eye Centers Arena – Independence, Mo.
HOW TO LISTEN/WATCH: ECHL.TV
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: @SinBinFuel on Twitter
REFEREE: Stan Sczurek (#15)
LINESMEN: Rhodes Dolan (#61) & Russ Coll (#40)
- Matt Rupert – reserve
- Jay Dickman – reserve
- Joe Sullivan – injured reserve
- Jack Jenkins – injured reserve
- Sam Povorozniouk – injured reserve
- Dmitry Osipov – injured reserve
- Gordon Defiel – injured reserve
In the previous game, the Fuel held off a Wichita resurgence to defeat the Thunder 5-4 in overtime. Derian Plouffe played the role of hero, claiming the overtime winner four and a half minutes in. Spencer Watson and Mathew Thompson tallied two goals each, while Alex Krushelnyski picked up three assists, including one on Plouffe’s game winner. Indy put 38 shots on goal, while allowing 28 Thunder shots. Charles Williams was the winning goaltender for Indy.
The Mavericks lost their first game of the season in Tulsa against the Oilers 5-2. David Dziurzynski had a goal and an assist for Kansas City. The game was back and forth until Tulsa scored three unanswered goals starting late in the second period. Kansas City had 25 shots on goal, 17 of which came in the first period. The Mavericks allowed 34 shots from the Oilers. Hayden Hawkey was the goaltender for the Mavericks last night.
Foot on the Gas
Indy came out swinging in their last game in Wichita, scoring three times in the opening frame and outshooting the Thunder 13-9. However, the team let their foot off the gas going into the second and third periods, allowing Wichita to comeback and tie the game at four and send the game to extra time.
The Fuel are going to have to keep their momentum going throughout the course of the game, stay out of the penalty box and keep their offense going in the right direction.
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee