INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel looks to bounce back this afternoon after a heartbreaking 4-3 loss to the Wheeling Nailers hours earlier.
WHO: Indy Fuel (2-1-0-0) at Wheeling Nailers (1-2-0-0)
WHEN: 4:05 PM ET
WHERE: WesBanco Arena – Wheeling, W.Va.
HOW TO LISTEN/WATCH: ECHL.TV
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: @SinBinFuel & @SinBinWheeling on Twitter
REFEREE: Brett Roeland (#10)
LINESMEN: Marc-Antoine Beaulieu (#74) & Randy Dengler (#68)
- Matt Rupert – reserve
- Alex Brooks – reserve
- Joe Sullivan – injured reserve
- Jack Jenkins – injured reserve
- Sam Povorozniouk – injured reserve
- Dmitry Osipov – injured reserve
- Gordon Defiel – injured reserve
On Saturday, these two teams met for the first time and the Nailers came out on top in a 4-3 thriller. Both teams traded goals until the final buzzer, when Nailers defenseman Blake Siebenaler buried the game-winner with 24 seconds remaining in regulation. Derian Plouffe, Graham Knott, and Spencer Watson scored the goals for Indy, while Alec Butcher had two goals for Wheeling. Cam Brown and Siebenaler had the other two goals for the Nailers.
Shining Special Teams
The Fuel’s special teams are among the best in the ECHL. Indy went 2-for-3 on the power-play on Saturday in Wheeling, which boosted them to first in the league on the man advantage (46.2%). The Fuel also has the fourth-best penalty kill in the league (91.7%), so they will look to burn out Wheeling’s power-play, which is currently 24th in the league (8.3%).
- Flames Relocating Stockton AHL Franchise
- Johnson Edges Closer to ECHL Record in Win
- Wolves Blow Out Admirals, Take 2-0 Series Lead
- Thunderbirds Roll Checkers in Series Opener
- PHOTOS: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Reading Royals – 05/16/2022
- Wolves Take Game 1 With Convincing Win
- Calder Cup Playoff Pacific Final Preview: Stockton vs. Colorado
- Toledo Breaks Out with Dominant Win Over Utah
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee