INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel head to DCU Center in Worcester to take on the Railers for the first time in franchise history.
WHO: Indy Fuel (7-11-0-0) at Worcester Railers (5-11-1-0)
WHEN: 7:05 PM ET
WHERE: DCU Center – Worcester, MA
HOW TO LISTEN/WATCH: ECHL.TV
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: @SinBinFuel on Twitter
REFEREE: Casey Terreri (#14)
LINESMEN: Brent Colby (#77) & Sam Schildkraut (#46)
POSSIBLE INDY SCRATCHES
· Josh McArdle – reserve
· Karl El-Mir – reserve
· Jake Schultz – injured reserve
· Gordon Defiel – injured reserve
Indy took on the Maine Mariners for the first time in franchise history on Friday at Cross Insurance Arena in Portland, ME. The Fuel torched the Mariners 6-0, snapping a seven-game losing streak and giving goaltender Chase Marchand his first professional shutout, as he stopped all 31 Mariners shots.
The Fuel had five players with multi-point nights, including three-point nights from forward Spencer Watson (2G, 1A) and defenseman Dmitry Osipov (1G, 2A). Indy scored four goals in 4:23 that spanned the second and third periods.
ON THE FLIP SIDE…
The Worcester Railers picked up a 6-4 win at home over the Newfoundland Growlers on Friday, snapping a seven-game losing streak of their own.
Former Fuel forward Dante Salituro, who was traded to Worcester earlier in the year for future considerations, picked up a hat trick and an assist in the Railers’ win over Newfoundland, as well.
SPECIAL TEAMS DIFFERENCE
Indy scored three power play goals on four man-advantages on Friday against Maine, moving up to fifth in the ECHL in power play percentage. The Fuel’s penalty kill also ranks third in the league, with an 86.8% success rate.
Worcester’s power play sits at 18th in the ECHL with a 14.1% completion rate, while their penalty kill ranks sixth in the league, with an 85.5% success rate.
Follow along with Evan on Twitter for live game updates, breaking news, and Indy Fuel analysis all season long!
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach
- Mike Eaves Stepping Aside but Leaving Legacy in Cleveland
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 31: Blue People Group