READING, Pa. – The Reading Royals have re-signed forward Brayden Low to an ECHL contract for their upcoming 20th anniversary season. The former alternate captain is coming off a career-high in goals with 18. The Richmond, BC native joins leading-scorer Frank DiChiara (forward) as the only players to have re-signed for the Royals so far.
The 26-year-old Low is set for his third season with the Royals, and fifth in the ECHL. During his previous two years with the Royals, he has eclipsed 30 points each season. His 38 points were good for fifth-best on the team and just two shy of a career-high. In his first season with the Royals in 2018-19, he played 63 games and tallied 33 points (15 goals). Putting him seventh on the team in point production. The 6-foot-2, 209-pound center put up an very solid plus-minus rating of 17 during the 2019-20 campaign. Not only is that a career-high, but it was tied for second-best on the team.
It comes as no shock to anyone that Brayden Low is one of the earlier signings for the Royals. Especially when you consider how much they benefited from him wearing the purple and black. Low is eagerly awaiting to make the 3,000-mile trip back to Santander Arena in hopes this upcoming season he and his teammates will have a chance at redemption.
“It’s tough. You wonder what could have been and what could have happened. That definitely sticks with you,” Low stated when asked how he felt about not being able to complete the season. HE went on to add, “For a majority of the group of guys it’s still fresh. We know how good we were and I think there was a lot of potential there for us to go on a deep run.”
Reading was one of only six teams to clinch a playoff berth prior to COVID-19 ending the season in mid-March. The Royals finished the 2019-20 season with 60 games played for a total of 80 points (37-17-5-1). They also finished sixth in goals for (218) and were 6-3-0-1 in their final 10 games.
Keep track of all the signings and movement during the 2020 ECHL offseason by visiting our ECHL Transactions page!
Follow Michael on Twitter for all the latest news regarding the ECHL’s Reading Royals! Don’t forget to also follow The Sin Bin on social media via Facebook and Twitter for additional AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey coverage!
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach
- Mike Eaves Stepping Aside but Leaving Legacy in Cleveland
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 31: Blue People Group