WICHITA, Kan. – Welcome to the premiere episode of the Rolling Thunder Podcast, a podcast dedicated to the ECHL’s Wichita Thunder!
In episode #1, recorded on Monday, October 18, hosts Matthew Harding and Jason Mals discuss:
- Rules changes in the ECHL
- Each home team will have nine home games where two referees are used (25% of the league schedule) https://www.echl.com/en/news/2022/6/annual-echl-board-of-governors-meeting-concludes
- Game lineups will now have 17 skaters and two goaltenders, up one position player from last season. https://www.echl.com/en/news/2022/9/preseason-echl-board-of-governors-meeting-recap
- Coaches from each team and officials meet one hour before the game to enhance relationship between the two sides: (https://twitter.com/JeffMarek/status/1581618335657373699?s=20&t=xGbjfwLB4r7JIsTO7l5vvw)
- The new affiliate for Wichita, the NHL’s San Jose Sharks
- Breakdown training camp and more with head coach Bruce Ramsay
- Previewing the upcoming campaign for the Thunder
- Looking around the ECHL’s Mountain Division
Follow Matthew (@FPHThunder) and Jason on Twitter (@jmals24) to share your thoughts on the podcast and who you’d like to have on in future episodes!
You can listen to every Wichita Thunder game during the 2022-23 season by downloading the Field Pass Hockey app!
Download the Field Pass Hockey app from the iTunes or Google Play stores or follow @FieldPassHockey on Twitter for the latest news on the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL throughout the 2023 season!