WICHITA, Kan. – Welcome to episode #4 of the Rolling Thunder Podcast, a podcast dedicated to the ECHL’s Wichita Thunder!
In this episode, recorded on Monday, December 5, hosts Matthew Harding and Jason Mals break down the recent three-game sweep of the Kansas City Mavericks and the Tulsa series spanning Thanksgiving. They also discuss:
- The success of the “kid” line – Brayden Watts/Quinn Preston/Michal Stinil
- Slow starts continuing for the team
- Shutdown defense for the Thunder in the final 8 periods & overtime of the Kansas City series
- Solid goaltending
- Why has Wichita had success against Kansas City and not Tulsa?
- Is Brayden Watts a candidate for ECHL MVP?
They are also joined by former Wichita Thunder forward Rob Weingartner, who talks about what drew him to Wichita, winning two championships, coaching the Thunder, building the Junior Thunder program in Wichita, and more.
Finally, the guys break down a big five-game road trip that begins Thursday night when the Thunder play the Rapid City Rush.
You can listen to every Wichita Thunder game during the 2022-23 season here on FieldPassHockey.com or by downloading the Field Pass Hockey app!