BOISE, Idaho – The Idaho Steelheads are on the hunt for a new head coach and general manager. In a story originally reported by Mike Prater and later confirmed by The Sin Bin, the team announced that head coach Neil Graham will join the AHL Texas Stars as an assistant coach under Derek Laxdal.
The addition of Graham to the AHL staff fills the void left when former Stars assistant Bob Jones took an assistant head coaching position with the NHL’s Ottawa Senators.
Graham joined the Steelheads organization as a player/assistant in 2012-13, but played just eight games. From here, he moved behind the bench and spent the next three-plus years as Brad Ralph‘s right-hand man. When Ralph left the organization in 2015, Graham took over and led the Steelheads to four straight playoff berths and a career regular-season record of 166-91-31.
“Neil has proven himself as a capable coach during his tenure in Idaho,” Texas Stars General Manager Scott White said. “His experience as a coach and player will be a tremendous asset to head coach Derek Laxdal and the entire Texas Stars coaching staff.”
Graham is the second Steelheads coach to be called up to join the Stars in the American Hockey League, joining Laxdal.
- PHOTOS: Norfolk Admirals vs. Reading Royals – 12/02/2022
- PHOTOS: Peoria Rivermen vs. Vermilion County Bobcats – 12/03/2022
- PHOTOS: Wheeling Nailers vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 12/07/2022
- Highmore Highlights Springfield’s Start
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 41: Middle Georgia Proud
- Ghost Pirates’ First Franchise Hat Trick Lifts Squad Over Everblades
- Bears’ Shepard Named Goaltender of the Month, Eyes NHL Debut
- PHOTOS: Utah Grizzlies vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 12/07/2022
- PHOTOS: Quad City Storm vs. Evansville Thunderbolts – 12/03/2022
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Gladiators vs. Greenville Swamp Rabbits – 12/02/2022