Welcome to Syracuse Speaks, a podcast for Field Pass Hockey!
Now in its third season, Syracuse Speaks aims to cover the Syracuse Crunch, its organization, and the AHL from the stands. Host Alexandra Ackerman has been covering Syracuse on the internet since 2008, and desires to share her passion for the team and the league with her listeners.
In this episode, recorded June 22nd, 2021, Alex covers what is known about the upcoming 2021-22 season for Syracuse and the American Hockey League. She discusses this from a few different angles:
- Players who, barring an offseason trade, are still under contract with the Tampa Bay Lightning, including potential captain Daniel Walcott, forwards Simon Ryfors, Gabriel Fortier, and Gage Goncalves, defenseman Alex Green, and goalies Hugo Alnefelt and Amir Miftakhov
- Where those players under contract probably will end up
- What the team’s schedule is looking like, including the five guaranteed home game dates the AHL has granted the Crunch
- What Syracuse’s newly reunited North Division is projected to look like (Dear Canada: Please open the border)
- A peek at the AHL’s scheduling accomplishments for 2022-23 (Hint: The league will finally have an even schedule across all of its teams and divisions!)
Syracuse Speaks is hosted on Anchor, but is distributed to many of the major podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, and Stitcher. The royalty-free music featured in this episode was by Purple Planet Music and Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License.
Thanks for listening!
Follow Alex on Twitter for all the latest news and notes regarding the Syracuse Crunch! Don’t forget to also follow Field Pass Hockey on Facebook and Twitter (make sure you’ve updated those links!) for all the latest AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey news and analysis!