Welcome to Syracuse Speaks, a podcast for The Sin Bin! Now in its third season, Syracuse Speaks aims to cover the Syracuse Crunch, its organization, and the AHL from the stands. Host Alexandra Ackerman has been covering Syracuse on the internet since 2008, and aims to share her passion for the team and the league with her listeners.
On this episode, recorded August 10, 2020, Alex takes a figurative spin around the news surrounding the AHL, its potential return for the 2020-21 season, and what specifically that return might look like in Syracuse. She attempts to bring some certainty to the following questions:
- Why is it too soon to assume the AHL will actually start on December 4, 2020?
- What obstacles are potentially in the way of the league opening?
- What’s going on with the 2021 AHL All-Star event?
- How does she feel about a potential scheduling shift in future AHL seasons?
- What might things look like in Syracuse when/if the AHL returns?
- What kind of player is (hopefully) on the Tampa Bay Lightning’s shopping list for the Crunch this upcoming season?
- What is going on with: Dominik Masin? Cory Conacher? Daniel Walcott?
Listen to the episode now!
Syracuse Speaks is hosted on Anchor, but is distributed to many of the major podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Breaker, Overcast, Pocket Casts, RadioPublic, Spotify, and Stitcher. The royalty-free music featured in this episode was by Purple Planet Music and Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com). Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License.
Thanks for listening!
Follow Alex on Twitter for all the latest news and notes regarding the Syracuse Crunch! Don’t forget to also follow The Sin Bin on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest AHL, ECHL, and SPHL minor league hockey news and analysis!