WICHITA, Kan. – The Rapid City Rush were 23-29-8 at last year’s trade deadline and were looking to amass assets for 2019-20. Defenseman Riley Weselowski had been a mainstay with the Rush organization, dating back to the team’s championship season in the Central Hockey League.
As a part of 14 total trades last #ECHLDeadlineDay, Weselowski was shipped from Rapid City to Florida for forwards Jack Riley and Liam Britton.
He sat down with The Sin Bin’s Matthew Harding to discuss getting traded for the first time in his career, the conversations that went on behind the scenes, fitting in with his new team, the playoff run and how players can cope with the stress of the ECHL trade deadline.
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part Two)
- Greenville Re-Signs High-Scoring Forward
- PHOTOS: Jason Johansen’s Best Photos of 2022-2023 Season
- Rolling Thunder Podcast Episode #11: Kicking Off Season 2
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) San Jose Sharks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/16/2023
- PHOTOS: (Rookie Faceoff) Anaheim Ducks vs. Vegas Golden Knights – 09/15/2023
- Andrew Lord Reunites with Former Player in Recent Signing
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2022-23 Season (Part One)
- The Coast Cast Episode #1: The Maiden Voyage