WICHITA, Kan. – The Rapid City Rush were 23-29-8 at last year’s trade deadline and were looking to amass assets for 2019-20. Defenseman Riley Weselowski had been a mainstay with the Rush organization, dating back to the team’s championship season in the Central Hockey League.
As a part of 14 total trades last #ECHLDeadlineDay, Weselowski was shipped from Rapid City to Florida for forwards Jack Riley and Liam Britton.
He sat down with The Sin Bin’s Matthew Harding to discuss getting traded for the first time in his career, the conversations that went on behind the scenes, fitting in with his new team, the playoff run and how players can cope with the stress of the ECHL trade deadline.
- ECHL Officials Get Chance at Traverse City Prospects Tournament
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Four- Blues Bully Red Wings
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Three – Let’s Go Stargazing
- Bears, Sgarbossa Skating to Success
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day Two – Pride and Maple Leafs
- Thunder’s All-ECHL Netminder Returns for Second Season in Air Capital
- The Ontario Reign So Far: Forwards
- Pre-Preseason Manitoba Moose Lineup Speculation
- The Traverse City Diaries: Day One- Puck Drop
- A ‘Roc’king Offseason – Amerks’ Additions