The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode #12: New Year, Same Pandemic
In episode #12 of the podcast, the crew discusses the AHL’s players of the month for December, an extension to the season, and share their “Oof of the Week”
Welcome to The Holy GrAHL, Field Pass Hockey’s newest podcast. They cover the week behind and the week ahead for all four AHL divisions. From news to looking ahead at the following weeks’ worth of games, The Holy GrAHL has it all!
Here at The Holy GrAHL, hosts Andrew Rinaldi, Deana Weinheimer, Jeremy Paul, Michael Liu and Zack Power focus on all the stories around the American Hockey League. From the ones on the ice to those that play out in the standings and everything in-between, The Holy GrAHL has it covered.
On the 12th episode of The Holy GrAHL, the crew discusses the AHL’s Players of the Month for December. Chicago Wolves F Josh Leivo took home Player of the Month honors after registering 4-10-14 in six games played, while Charlotte Checkers F Cole Schwindt was named Rookie of the Month after scoring two goals and collecting eight assists in eight games played. Stockton goaltender Dustin Wolf was named Goaltender of the Month after going undefeated in the month of December, winning all seven of his starts while posting a 1.40 goals-against average and a .951 save percentage.
AHL President and Chief Executive Officer Scott Howson announced a six-day extension of the AHL season, which will now end on April 30th, 2022 – can the league reschedule every postponed game? Our hosts discuss the likelihood.
AHL hockey isn’t the only thing being postponed or cancelled – the crew discusses their “Oof of the Week”, awarded to the International Ice Hockey Federation for their handling of the World Juniors.
In the scoring races and the Quest for the Holy Grail, they discuss who moved up, who moved down, and which teams need to get going.
Can you get a match? Two of our hosts use their first superswipes of the year – do you agree with their takes?
To finish up the show, the hosts make their pick on the game of the week.
The Holy GrAHL, Field Pass Hockey’s flagship American Hockey League Podcast. Each week, we look into the biggest stories out of the AHL, its players, and their teams.
- PHOTOS: Savannah Ghost Pirates vs. South Carolina Stingrays – 12/3/2022
- Monday Monster Mash: 12/5/2022
- Springfield Thunderbirds Snap Skid, Beat Bridgeport Islanders
- Explosive Second Period Lifts Penguins Past Hershey Bears
- PHOTOS: Orlando Solar Bears vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 12/03/2022
- PHOTOS: Toledo Walleye vs. Cincinnati Cyclones – 12/02/2022
- Hockey’s Future Stars on Display in Cleveland Against Rochester
- PHOTOS: Vermilion County Bobcats vs. Peoria Rivermen – 12/02/2022
- No Miracle for Thunder in Loss to Mariners
- Checkers Win in a Goal Fest to Split Series