The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode #4: The 80s
From the stories on the ice to those that play out in the standings and everything in-between, The Holy GrAHL has it covered.
Welcome to The Holy GrAHL, Field Pass Hockey’s newest podcast.
Here at The Holy GrAHL, hosts Andrew Rinaldi, Deana Weinheimer, Jeremy Paul, and Zack Power focus on all the stories around the American Hockey League. From the ones on the ice to those that play out in the standings and everything in-between, The Holy GrAHL has it covered.
On the fourth episode of The Holy GrAHL, the crew gets you ready for the week ahead in the AHL. From news to looking ahead at the following week’s worth of games, The Holy GrAHL has it all.
- First, TW/CW for SA. We discuss the allegations and pending lawsuit against the Pittsburgh Penguins organization and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, along with several individuals. This episode was recorded on Tuesday evening. so the discussion was based on the information available at that time. While we do not go into explicit detail on the allegations, we fully recognize this could be difficult for some to listen to. If you would like to skip this section, please feel free to jump ahead to 15:25 in the podcast. At the bottom of this post, we have included a few resources for victims in the United States and Canada.
- It’s a new month, which means that we have some player awards to announce!
- Then, they go over the biggest news of the past week, including Cole Caufield being sent down to the Laval Rocket, Gerald Mayhew reaching a career milestone, and Nathan Legare scoring a goal to remember.
- Introducing a new segment: Oof of the Week. Who gets the unfortunate honor?
- The three then play Swipe Left or Swipe Right. The guys try to add a new dimension to the segment- stick around to see if you agree!
- There’s quite a bit of movement on the scoring races and standings boards (we are looking at you Kiefer Sherwood). They discuss who moved up, who moved down, and which teams need to get going.
- To finish up the show, the hosts make their pick on the game of the week. See how many 80s references you can pick out!
- Zack is back and finally takes a turn in the bonus round. He tries to change US geography, but we still get to the right answer in time.
The Holy GrAHL, Field Pass Hockey’s flagship American Hockey League Podcast. Each week, we look into the biggest stories out of the AHL, its players, and their teams.
In the United States
Hotline: 1 (800) 656-4673
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via phone and online chat.
Hotline: 1 (800) 950 – 6264
Email: [email protected]
Available Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Visit Canadian Association of Sexual Assault Centres to find a rape crisis or women’s centre in your province.
Kids and teens can visit Kids Help Phone or call 1‑800‑668‑6868 to talk to a counsellor.
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode 34: Joel Silverberg
- Cates Brothers Looking to Take NHL By Storm
- Prospects Shine in Caps Preseason Opener
- PHOTOS: Andrew Fielder’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part Two)
- Syracuse Speaks Podcast Episode #79: All Together On This (with Jim Sarosy)
- Inside The SPHL Podcast Episode #33: A Chat With Craig Simchuk
- PHOTOS: Sarah Pietrowski’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season (Part One)
- New faces joining building nucleus for Mayhem
- Newest Bears Getting Acclimated in Washington
- PHOTOS: Michael King’s Best Photos from the 2021-22 Season