The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 70: Mid-Series Crisis
The four hosts are back in episode 70 of Field Pass Hockey’s American Hockey League podcast, The Holy GrAHL. Join your hosts Zack Power, Andrew Rinaldi, Deana Weinheimer and Corey Swartz as they open the doors to the 2023 Calder Cup Finals.
But before we dive into the first three games of the series between the Coachella Valley Firebirds and the Hershey Bears, it’s time to talk about all the recent news across the AHL.
From Dan Watson getting a promotion from the Toledo Walleye to the Grand Rapids Griffins to a long list of AHL graduates that lifted the Stanley Cup with the Vegas Golden Knights, your hosts break it all down.
From zero to hero, The Hershey Bears put a patch in a series that was skidding backward. The hosts discussed how Ethen Frank may have changed the momentum for the Hershey Bears midway through the Calder Cup Finals.
Plus, say hello to Joey Daccord, who has seen almost 90 shots thrown his way through nearly 10 periods. Have the Bears found a chink in the armour of the goaltender who shut them out in games one and two?
Andrew dials back the clock to a series between Calgary and Coachella Valley in the third round. Game three has struck a cord of similarities with the host as the Firebirds look for momentum on the road.
Finally, the four look into what could be the series defining moment and who may have the edge going forward. While Hershey looks to continue their momentum at home, the Firebirds look to advance on the little victories in game three.
The Holy GrAHL, Field Pass Hockey’s flagship American Hockey League Podcast. Each week, we look into the biggest stories out of the AHL, its players, and their teams.
– Coaching Changes and New Faces in the AHL
– The Newly Independent Chicago Wolves Start Filling Out Their Roster
– Stanley Cup Champions with AHL Roots
– Affiliation Change in the Central Division
– Cleveland Monsters Host the NHL United by Hockey Mobile Museum
– Unlikely Heroes and High-Scoring Games in the Calder Cup Playoffs Between the Coachella Valley Firebirds and Hershey Bears
Riley Sutter: Who is More Clutch?– Ethan Frank vs.
– Finding a Different Formula for Success
– Playoff Perspective and Honorable Mentions
– Hershey Bears Respond to Challenges in Game 3
– A Daunting Task to Come Back from a Two-Goal Deficit
– Relentlessness in Playoff Hockey
Hunter Shepard‘s Early Save in Game Three– The Importance of
– Precision and Lethality in Playoff Hockey
– Challenges faced by young players in the AHL
– Reflection on the Series So Far
– Hershey Ties the Series Up