WICHITA, Kan. – The Sin Bin is announcing multiple additions and changes to our staff. The changes come after a restructuring of the editorial staff and our first significant recruiting push in all three leagues.
The Sin Bin is announcing several changes to the website’s management structure. These changes took effect May 1, 2020.
Zach Courter returns to The Sin Bin as the site’s Managing Editor. C.C. Hawkley moves up to AHL Editor, while Brad Harrison is SPHL Editor. Additionally, Matthew Will is now the Digital and Social Media Manager, Joe Zollo joins as the site’s graphic artist, and Kori LaVire is now The Sin Bin’s Brand Ambassador. Matt Thomas remains on staff as The Sin Bin’s Chief Technology Officer.
“This group has been working incredibly hard since they agreed to join the site’s editorial staff. I’m so proud of the work we have done together to rebrand our website, layout a clear path forward for our coverage, as well as add writers and photographers to our staff,” said Matthew Harding, Editor-in-Chief for The Sin Bin. “There is a lot of work yet to accomplish, but this group clearly defines the second chapter of The Sin Bin, one where we will work day and night to cement ourselves as the authority on complete minor league hockey news.”
WRITING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
The Sin Bin has made significant strides to add depth to the leagues we cover. At the time of this announcement, The Sin Bin has writers in 15 markets in the American Hockey League, 14 writers in the ECHL, and five writers in the Southern Professional Hockey League. Additionally, we have a staff of 17 photographers to bring our readers the latest stories and game-changing moments across minor league hockey.
All told, The Sin Bin has 41 writers and photographers covering the 67 markets that make up minor league hockey in North America.
“Our expanded AHL coverage, fueled by editor C.C. Hawkley, has not only multiplied our writing team, but gives us a chance to highlight the highest level of minor pro hockey,” said Managing Editor Zach Courter. “We cannot be more excited to now truly give fans the most insight at every level of minor league hockey. Our mantra over the last several months has been ‘quality over quantity’ and these latest additions, coupled with our current staff, goes to show that we are dedicated to that phrase.”
An additional announcement regarding our expanded podcast lineup, including a significant addition to the staff, will be made soon.
The Sin Bin is the premier source for coverage of the AHL, ECHL, and SPHL. We serve readers across the United States and Canada with team-based reporting, podcasts, and more. You can contact The Sin Bin at [email protected].
- Calder Cup Playoff North Division Final Preview: Laval vs. Rochester
- Calder Cup Playoff Central Division Final Preview: Chicago vs. Milwaukee
- Calder Cup Playoff Atlantic Division Preview: Charlotte vs. Springfield
- Everblades Edge Growlers in OT Thriller
- Grizzlies Stun Walleye in Game One Overtime Victory
- Kelly Cup Playoff Western Conference Final Preview: Toledo Walleye vs. Utah Grizzlies
- Kelly Cup Playoff Eastern Conference Final Preview: Newfoundland Growlers vs. Florida Everblades
- Ghost Pirates announce Vegas as Affiliate, Bennett as Head Coach
- Mike Eaves Stepping Aside but Leaving Legacy in Cleveland
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 31: Blue People Group