HENDERSON, Nev. – Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, August 31, that the Henderson Silver Knights have hired Emanuel “Manny” Viveiros as the first head coach of the new American Hockey League team.
Prior to joining the Silver Knights, Viveiros was the Head Coach of the Western Hockey League’s Spokane Chiefs for the 2019-20 season. He was also an assistant coach for the Edmonton Oilers during the 2018-19 season and served as General Manager, Head Coach and Director of Player Personnel for the WHL’s Swift Current Broncos from 2016-18.
“Whether it’s been on the ice, behind the bench or in the front office, Manny Viveiros has been a part of the game at every level,” said McCrimmon. “In our search for the Silver Knights Head Coach, we were looking for someone who could not only lead a winning team to the Calder Cup Championship, but could set a positive example for our prospects. We’re confident Manny is up for the task and are excited to see his impact on our organization.”
Viveiros, 54, has spent over 13 years coaching in North America and internationally. In his year with Spokane, the Chiefs ranked fourth overall in the WHL with a 41-18-4-1 record in 64 games played before the season was cut short due to COVID-19. During his time with Swift Current he led the Broncos to the 2018 Rogers WHL Championship and was named the WHL’s 2017-18 Coach of the Year.
The St. Albert, Alta. native began his coaching career in 2007 with the Klagenfurter AC of the Austrian Erste Bank Eishockey Liga (EBEL) and was their Head Coach until 2012. He moved on to a role as Sports Manager with the same organization from 2012-14. Viveiros spent stints as Head Coach of Team Austria at multiple international tournaments including the Men’s World Championship from 2012-14 and the 2014 Winter Olympics.
- Penguins Pushing For Playoff Spoiler
- Cramarossa Leads Iowa Past IceHogs In OT
- The Holy GrAHL Podcast Episode 15: Hat Tricks
- PHOTOS: Trois-Rivières Lions vs Reading Royals – 1/22/2022
- Bears Surge Past Penguins
- Inside the SPHL Podcast Episode #15: Kasey Kulczycki & All-Star Vote Reveal
- Marlies Score Late, Take OT Win From Griffins
- White Keeps Heartlanders Rolling
- Late Goal Lifts Pack Past Bears
- PHOTOS: South Carolina Stingrays vs. Jacksonville Icemen – 01/22/22